Taman Hutan Raya Ir. H. Djuanda (Dago Pakar)

More Photos of Place

  • Place Information

  • Area :

    North Bandung

  • Facilities :

    Forest Park

  • Distance :

    500 m from Terminal Dago

Map

Location: Taman Hutan Raya Ir. H. Djuanda, Kota Bandung, West Java, Indonesia

Place Description

Taman Hutan Raya Ir. H. Djuanda merupakan kawasan konservasi yang terpadu antara alam sekunder dengan hutan tanaman yang terletak di Kota Bandung, Indonesia. Luasnya mencapai 590 hektare membentang dari kawasan Dago Pakar sampai Maribaya. Letak Taman Hutan Raya Ir. H. Djuanda berada di Kampung Pakar, Desa Ciburial, Kecamatan Cimenyan, pada ketinggian antara 770 mdpl sampai 1330 mdpl. Di atas tanahnya yang subur terdapat sekitar 2500 jenis tanaman yang terdiri dari 40 familia dan 112 species. Pada tahun 1965 luas taman hutan raya baru sekitar 10 ha saja, namun saat ini sudah mencapai 590 ha membentang dari kawasan Pakar sampai Maribaya. Saat ini pengelolaannya dilakukan oleh Dinas Kehutanan Pemda Provinsi Jawa Barat (sebelumnya berada di bawah naungan Perum Perhutani).
Taman terbesar yang pernah dibangun oleh pemerintah Hindia-Belanda berbentuk hutan lindung dengan nama Hutan Lindung Gunung Pulosari. Perintisan taman ini mungkin sudah dilakukan sejak tahun 1912 bersamaan dengan pembangunan terowongan penyadapan aliran sungai Ci Kapundung (kemudian hari disebut sebagai Gua Belanda), namun peresmiannya sebagai hutan lindung baru dilakukan pada tahun 1922. Sejak kemerdekaan Republik Indonesia tanggal 17 Agustus 1945 secara otomatis status kawasan hutan negara dikelola oleh Pemerintah Republik Indonesia melalui Djawatan Kehutanan. Kawasan hutan ini dirintis pembangunannya sejak tahun 1960 oleh Mashudi (Gubernur Jawa Barat) dan Ir. Sambas Wirakusumah yang pada waktu itu menjabat sebagai Administratur Bandung Utara merangkap Direktur Akademi Ilmu Kehutanan, dan mendapat dukungan dari Ismail Saleh (Menteri Kehakiman) dan Soejarwo (Dirjen Kehutanan Departemen Pertanian).
Pada tahun 1963 sebagian kawasan hutan lindung tersebut mulai dipersiapkan sebagai Hutan Wisata dan Kebun Raya. Tahun 1963 pada waktu meninggalnya Ir. R. Djoeanda Kartawidjaja (Ir. H. Djuanda) , maka Hutan Lindung tersebut diabadikan namanya menjadi Kebun Raya Rekreasi Ir. H. Djuanda untuk mengenang jasa-jasanya dan waktu itu pula jalan Dago dinamakan jalan Ir. H. Djuanda. Untuk tujuan tersebut, kawasan tersebut mulai ditanami dengan tanaman koleksi pohon-pohonan yang berasal dari berbagai daerah. Kerjasama pembangunan Kebun Raya Hutan Rekreasi tersebut melibatkan Botanical Garden Bogor (Kebun Raya Bogor) , dengan menanam koleksi tanaman dari di Bogor. Pada tanggal 23 Agustus 1965 diresmikan oleh Gubernur Mashudi sebagai Kebun Raya Hutan Rekreasi Ir. H. Djuanda yang kemudian menjadi embrio Taman Hutan Raya Ir. H. Djuanda yang dikelola oleh Dinas Kehutanan (dulu Djawatan Kehutanan Propinsi Jawa Barat). Tahun 1978 pengelolaan dari Dinas Kehutanan (dulu Djawatan Kehutanan Propinsi Jawa Barat) diserahkan ke Perum Perhutani Jawa Barat.
Pada tahun 1980 Kebun Raya/Hutan Wisata yang merupakan bagian dari komplek Hutan Gunung Pulosari ini ditetapkan sebagai taman wisata, yaitu Taman Wisata Curug Dago seluas 590 ha yang ditetapkan oleh SK. Menteri Pertanian Nomor : 575/Kpts/Um/8/1980 tanggal 6 Agustus 1980. Pada tahun 1985, Mashudi dan Ismail Saleh sebagai pribadi dan Soedjarwo selaku Menteri Kehutanan mengusulkan untuk mengubah status Taman Wisata Curug Dago menjadi Taman Hutan Raya. Usulan tersebut kemudian diterima Presiden Soeharto yang kemudian dikukuhkan melalui Keputusan Presiden No. 3 Tahun 1985 tertanggal 12 Januari 1985. Peresmian Taman Hutan Raya Ir. H. Djuanda dilakukan pada tanggal 14 Januari 1985 yang bertepatan dengan hari kelahiran Ir. H. Djuanda. Taman Hutan Raya Ir. H. Djuanda sebagai Taman Hutan Raya pertama di Indonesia.
English Translation
Forest Park Ir. H. Juanda is the integrated conservation of natural secondary forest plantations located in Bandung, Indonesia. The extent of 590 hectares stretching from the Dago Pakar to Maribaya. Location of Forest Park Ir. H. Expert Village is Djuanda, Ciburial Village, District Cimenyan, at an altitude of 770 masl to 1330 masl. In the fertile soil there are approximately 2500 species of plants consisting of 40 families and 112 species. In 1965 the forest area of the park about 10 ha of new highways, but now has reached 590 hectares stretching from the experts to Maribaya. Currently managed by the Forest Service Regional Government of West Java Province (previously under the auspices of Perhutanioffice).
Largest park ever built by the Dutch East Indies government in the form of protected forests as protected forests of Mount pulosari. Planting the garden may have been conducted since 1912 in conjunction with the construction of a tunnel intercepts the flow of the river Ci Kapundung (later known as the Cave of the Netherlands), but opening a new protected forest made in 1922. Since the independence of the Republic of Indonesia on August 17, 1945 is automatically the status of state forest land managed by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia through Djawatan Forestry. Forest area was pioneered its development since 1960 by Mashudi (Governor of West Java), and Ir. Sambas Wirakusumah which at that time served as Administrator of the North London and concurrently Director of the Academy of Forestry Sciences, and received support from Ismail Saleh (Minister of Justice) and Soejarwo (Director General of Forestry Department of Agriculture).
In 1963 most of the protected forest area began to be prepared for Tourism Forest and Botanical Garden. In 1963 at the death of Ir. R. Djoeanda Kartawidjaja (Ir. H. Juanda), the Forest Preserve is immortalized his name to the Botanical Gardens Recreation Ir. H. Djuanda to commemorate his services and then also the street named Dago street Ir. H. Djuanda. To that end, the region began to be planted with trees of a collection of plants from different regions. Development cooperation Forest Botanical Garden Botanical Garden Recreation involves Bogor (Bogor Botanical Gardens), by planting a collection of plants in Bogor. On August 23, 1965 inaugurated by the Governor as the Botanical Gardens Mashudi Forest Recreation Ir. H. Djuanda which later became Forest Park embryo Ir. H. Djuanda managed by the Forest Service (formerly the Forestry Djawatan West Java). In 1978 the management of the Forest Service (formerly the Forestry Djawatan West Java) Perhutanioffice submitted to West Java.
In 1980 the Botanic Gardens / Forest Holidays is part of the complex pulosari Mount Forest was designated a park, the Park area of 590 ha Dago waterfall set by decree. Minister of Agriculture No. 575/Kpts/Um/8/1980 dated August 6, 1980. In 1985, Saleh Ismail Mashudi and as a person and Soedjarwo as the Minister of Forestry proposes to change the status of Park Dago waterfall into Forest Park. The proposal was then accepted President Suharto, who later confirmed by Presidential Decree. 3 of 1985 dated January 12, 1985. Inauguration of the Forest Park Ir. H. Juanda held on January 14, 1985 to coincide with the birthday of Ir. H. Djuanda. Forest Park Ir. H. Juanda Forest Park as the first in Indonesia.

Visited 577 times , 3 Visits today

Tagged In Dago Pakar and Forest Park

Leave a Reply

Rate this by clicking a star below: